1. YOUR PRIVACY
BIODERMA Ireland ("we", "our" or "us") respects your legal rights of privacy when collecting, storing, using, transmitting or otherwise processing personal data and this PDPA explains our privacy practices.
Please read the following carefully to understand our policy and practices regarding how your personal data will be treated. This policy may from time to time be revised and the latest version may be accessible here on this site.
"Personal data" means any personally identifying information or sensitive data (such as names, occupations, addresses, contact details, NRIC /Passport numbers, credit card information, your age, your marital status, your employer, your income, demographic data) from which it is practicable for the identity of an individual to be ascertained.
2. PURPOSES FOR WHICH WE WILL USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Your personal data may be collected when you make a purchase, apply to be our member or require our reparation / alteration / after-sale services.
The purposes for which we may use your personal data are divided into obligatory purposes and voluntary purposes. If personal data is to be used for an obligatory purpose, these personal data will not be marked as “optional“ in the Members Application Form / Customer Card and you MUST provide your personal data to us if you want us to provide the service for which you are applying. If personal data is only to be used for a voluntary purpose, it is entirely up to you to decide whether you want to provide such information to us or not.
Purposes for which it is obligatory for you to provide your personal data are:
- Enrollment into and maintaining your membership as our member
- Communicating to you your entitlements and privileges as our member
- Notification of any amendment to the membership program
- Relationship building
- Data cleansing and customers profile updates
Purposes for which it is only voluntary for you to provide your personal data are:
- To enable us better to understand the demographics of our customers
- For internal research and analysis to enable us to provide rewards, services and product information or offerings better tailored to your needs
- Market research
- To enable our advisor to follow up;
- To distribute customer satisfaction survey
- To send out VIP newsletters and VIP program updates
3. DIRECT MARKETING
We also intend to use your personal data for direct marketing. In particular, your personal data will be used for:
- Communicating with you regarding new product launch and other promotional offers, including where applicable
- Communicating with you regarding our promotional events including where applicable, [PR events, VIP gatherings/atrium events, store announcement/events, exhibitions, and news update]
- Communicating on-counter or out of counter services and events related to [skincare products for promotion or reward purpose]
- exclusive offers, free sampling, digital campaigns, roadshow/outpost, in store promotion updates
- Communicating joint promotion or events with shopping malls, department stores, credit cards, banks, trades, celebrities, magazines, television, websites, mileage programs, cultural, art or musical societies/organizations, charities or non-profit organizations
If at any other point of time you do not wish us to use your personal data for use in direct marketing as described above, you may exercise your opt-out rights by notifying us at the address set out in Clause 7 below.
In cases where we do collect personal data from you, we will:
- Tell you (by way of this PDPA or by a separate notification) that we are doing so and the use that we will make of such personal data we collect
- Where relevant, give you the opportunity to opt out
- Tell you how we will store your personal data and how you can review, change and delete the personal data we have stored
We will take all practicable steps to keep your personal data confidential but we may disclose/transfer/assign such data to the following parties who may be located within or outside Singapore:
- Any agent, contractor or third party service provider who provides administrative, telecommunications, computer and other services to us in connection with the processing and storage of your data;
- If we decide to sell any relevant part of our business or appoint any distributor to operate the business, to any actual or proposed assignee, transferee, successor or distributor / franchisee
- Any person to whom we are under an obligation to make disclosure under the requirements of any law
Except as mentioned in paragraph 4 above, your personal data, however stored, will be accessed only by our employees or contractors who are authorised to do so. Where personal data is stored electronically, it will be kept on a separate server and will be password-protected (or under some equivalent form of protection) and accessible only by authorised personnel. Employees and contractors designated to handle personal data will be instructed to do so only in accordance with this PDPA.
6.YOUR RIGHT TO ACCESS AND CORRECTION
You may at any time request access to and to correct personal data relating to you in any of our records. You may also ask us to delete you or your personal data from any active mailing or distribution list. To exercise any of your rights, contact us at the address, facsimile number or email below, marking your communication "Confidential". In response, we may ask you to provide certain details about yourself so that we can be sure you are the person to whom the data refers. We are required to respond to your requests within 21 days, unless we do not accede to your request or extend this period in circumstances prescribed under applicable data privacy laws. Please note that we may charge you a reasonable fee for doing so.
7.PERSONAL DATA PRIVACY OFFICER
The person to whom (1) requests (i) for access to data or correction of data, (ii) for general information regarding our policies and practices with respect to personal data and (iii) about the kinds of personal data that we hold and (2) general questions and complaints should be addressed is as follows:
Personal Data Privacy Officer
BIODERMA, distributed in Ireland by Anfi Cosmetics Ltd.
93 Upper George's street
Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin, IRELAND
Phone: +353 (0)1 271 1815
Monday – Friday, 9:00am to 5:00pm
8.RETENTION OF DATA
We will keep your personal data only for as long as necessary to fulfil the purpose for which the data was collected. We may also retain archived personal data for statistical purposes.
Personal Data which is no longer required will be destroyed.
We trust that you will consent and agree to the terms above with respect to the processing of your personal data by us. If we do not receive any response from you on the above, we shall assume that you are agreeable to the same.